DataRealm is looking for a resourceful, motivated Accountant to join our Finance Team!
In this position, you will be overseeing day-to-day accounting functions, integrating finance operations, forecasting, and budgeting, handling tax matters, preparing financial reports, and ensuring organizational financial stability.
We're looking for full-time or part-time.
DataRealm is a leading provider of manufacturing intelligence and controls engineering solutions for large scale manufacturers. With numerous ongoing and upcoming projects, we’re looking to grow our team.
A good listener, with strong communication skills and the ability to work with others. You have a strong sense of integrity and attention to detail. Handling multiple projects at once is not a problem for you.
- Prepare cheques/payments for employees and vendor invoices, record bank deposits, track payments from customers.
- Allocate and post financial transaction details – intercompany account transactions, and foreign exchange on foreign currency accounts (bank & receivables), adjust for prepaid expenses.
- Reconcile and balance all accounts (ex. Bank & Investment accounts, Intercompany Accounts).
- Draw up financial statements (trial balance, income statement, balance sheet).
- Maintain ongoing project costing spreadsheets, internal weekly financials reporting workbook.
- Calculate, prepare, and file tax payments.
- Maintain complete filing system to support financial records – paid and unpaid invoices, purchase orders, expenses, government correspondence, bank records, employee records, project costing time sheets, prepare Year End files for accountant.
- Assist in maintaining our books for our Mexican and USA divisions.
- Performing accounting functions as assigned from leadership.
- Check and verify source documents such as sales invoices/purchase orders, vendor invoices/purchase orders, expense reports and receipts.
From us you’ll get:
· A friendly and relaxed team environment
· Social events
· Flexible hours
· A working space in the beautiful Walkerville area
· Our commitment to your happiness and development!
· Knowledge of book-keeping practices.
· Excellent verbal and written skills (fluent English is essential).
· Accounting or book-keeping designation from college or university preferred.
· Working knowledge of relevant computer applications – Window’s Programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Sage.
· Ability to think critically to identify and resolve problems while ensuring accuracy.
· High level of personal accountability and confidentiality.
· Reading, writing, and speaking in fluent Spanish is a bonus.